Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Queens



 I don't even know where to start with this post... I have so many Cookiecon pictures to share! Between the people I met and the incredible cookies I saw, I'm a little overwhelmed. I'll have to do a post just chock full of pictures of everything, but in the mean time I want to share one of my sugar show submissions. This one was for the "anything goes" category. While this submission didn't win anything it's still my favorite set that I did! I recently stumbled upon this amazing artist. I literally love everything I've ever seen of hers and it's not often I can say that about someone! So I want to make it clear that the original artwork for this card set is not my own. And if you want to see some wicked awesome artwork go check out her page, her name is Brittney Lee

Here is the picture the first caught my eye:


 And I just thought...that would make such a cool cookie! Because isn't it totally normal that when I see something interesting I automatically start trying to translate it into icing? Well she is just so very much my style, I had to try! So here is my Queen of Spades cookie...

I had a lot of people asking me how I made them, and I did find one photo I took during the process:


 I didn't want the icing layers to end up too high so I painted on thinned icing as the background, and when it was dry I painted on the shading details. After that I just outlined and filled in the area I wanted raised... and here is the final result:


That was just about the worst "tutorial" ever written, but hey it's what I've got! Pretty much the rest of the details were hand painted. Some of which are hard to see because while I am pretty decent with an icing bag... I am not the best at photographing things. So... sorry about that.


What do you think? 


If she doesn't mind, I'll definitely be translating more of her work into icing!

I'll be back soon with my other show submission, and lots of other awesome things. In the meantime I'm giving away free cookies! So don't forget to enter!
 

1 comment:

  1. These are just stunning, I am amazed at how you can translate these to a cookie, almost as pretty as the ones you gave me for my birthday...!

    ReplyDelete