Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Sunday, July 8, 2012

the very hungry caterpillar

This is probably my most favorite set of cookies that I have ever done.

I have tentatively started taking cookie orders again... one here or there, but when it rains it pours. When I say yes to one person, suddenly everyone wants cookies! Well I had taken on 4 cookie orders all at once when I got the request for a set of Very Hungry Caterpillar cookies. My initial reaction was to say no because I just don't have a lot of extra time right now! But it sounded so fun. So I went to Aaron... it always drives him a little crazy when I take on too many cookie orders because I get consumed and so does our home! I was sure he'd talk me out of it. However, as soon as he heard what they were his reaction was "that would be so awesome!" So... I agreed to do them. Which in reality I wanted to do anyway.




I wasn't given specifics aside from the theme being this book, but i decided if I was going to do it - then I was going to do it right! So every piece had to be hand cut and hand painted. I'm not complaining though, it was fun!




I did my best to stick with Eric Carle's illustrations... but watercolor is a
hard thing to dublicate on a cookie! How did I do?




A few of my favorites....










Afterwards Aaron informed me that there is a cookie cutter set of these for sale. Of this I was not aware... if I do these again, I am definitely getting that set.


2 comments: